HILLSDALE, Mich. - The Walsh Cavaliers men's track and field team competed at the Great Midwest Outdoor Track and Field Championships this weekend at Hillsdale College. Overall, as a team, Walsh finished second of 13 teams with 126 points.
The Cavaliers had 25 top eight finishes and three conference champions on the men's side of things.
Josh Conrad set a new school record as he won the title in the 800 meter run. He set the record with a time of 1:52.76, nearly shaving two seconds from his prelim time.
Lane Knoch reached a NCAA D2 Provo time in the 400 meter hurdles, being crowned champion after a time of 52:57.
Jacob Kernell missed out an automatic qualifying time in the 3000 meter steeplechase by .02 seconds but was the G-MAC champion with a G-MAC meet record of 8:52.87.
Here are all of the other Cavaliers in the top eight at conference:
- Chander Wilhelm - (800): 8th place, 2:00.51
- Jacob Caniford - (1500): 5th place, 4:03.32, (5000): 4th place, 14:49.76
- Jacob Kernell - (5000): 2nd place, 14:41.68
- Jacob Turner - (5000): 6th place, 15:10.28, (10K): 3rd place, 30:55.64
- Noah Murray - (10K): 5th place, 31:41.46
- Jared Bugaj - (10K): 6th place, 31:45.75
- Lane Knoch - (110 Hurdles): 2nd place, 14.32 *NCAA D2 Provo Time*
- Bryce Patrick - (3000 Steeplechase): 6th place, 9:38.95
- 4x100 Relay (Owen Read, Michael Contrucci, Corey Harder, Knoch): 6th place, 42.82
- 4x400 Relay (Read, Contrucci, Wilhelm, Conrad): 7th place, 3:22.51
- Varney Pelima - (High Jump): 3rd place, 1.97 meters, (Triple Jump): 2nd place, 13.89 meters
- Ronald Robinson - (Triple Jump): 4th place, 13.57 meters
- Jacob Ott - (Shot Put): 5th place, 16.04 meters
- Dante Penza - (Shot Put): 6th place, 15.65 meters, (Discus): 6th place, 46.65 meters
- Caleb Freeman - (Javelin): 4th place, 48.00 meters
- Gabriel Miller - (Hammer): 7th place, 51.97 meters
- Conner Hluch - (Decathlon): 3rd place, 5,819 points
- Joel Berger - (Decathlon): 4th place, 5,807 points
Walsh will compete at the NCAA D2 National Championships in three weeks.