NORTH CANTON, Ohio – The Walsh Cavaliers women's basketball team will host the Lake Erie Storm on Thursday (Feb. 28) at 5:30 for the penultimate regular season game.
The Cavaliers have faced the Storm once already this season and 28 times overall. Walsh has a 23-6 record against the Storm, despite the Storm's 67-66 in Painesville back in January.
- Walsh now has a seven-game winning streak after the Cavaliers dispatched Malone 67-57 on Saturday. For the season, Walsh is 20-6 overall and 16-4 in the conference.
- Kimmie Borck led the Cavaliers with 16 points off the bench, her 10th double-digit scoring game. She made four field goals, two threes and six free throws along with grabbing five rebounds. For the season, Borck averages 7.3 points per game. She is second on the team with 31 three-pointers this season. Against Lake Erie last month, she scored a game-high 21 points in the Osborne Center.
- Quionche Carter added 15 points on seven field goals, while the freshman had six rebounds. She is the team's leading scorer and second in the conference with 16.7 points per game. She also leads the team with 153 rebounds and 40 steals for the year. She is shooting 50.8% from the floor, the second best in the G-MAC behind her teammate. She ranks eighth in the G-MAC with a 76.1% free throw percentage.
- Mayci Sales scored 12 points, pulled seven rebounds and blocked three shots. The sophomore averages 11.8 points per game and 6.4 rebounds a contest. She is seventh in the conference in rebounds per game while she leads the conference pack with a 54.2% shooting percentage and 36 blocks.
- Brittni Clopton scored eight points and had seven rebounds off the bench. Megan Ball tied a career-best with six rebounds.
- Walsh outrebounded Malone 44-27 in the game. When the Cavaliers outrebound their opponent, they are 18-3 this season. The team averages 42.2 rebounds per game. Overall, Walsh has 1,098 total rebounds (second most in the conference).
- The Cavaliers trails Kentucky Wesleyan by one game for the lead in the G-MAC going into the final two regular season games.
- Walsh averages 77.1 points per game, shooting 45.2% from the floor. The defense has held teams to 63.2 points a game and opponents are shooting 37.7%, the lowest in the conference.
LAKE ERIE NOTES
- Lake Erie is 11-14 overall and 8-12 in the G-MAC as the Storm is in the midst of a four-game losing streak. Lake Erie fell 71-65 to Tiffin last week.
- Josie Chaddock leads the Storm with 13.6 points per game. She ranks seventh in the conference with scoring per game. She also ranks second in assists per game (4.0), free throw percentage (82.7%), third in steals (2.2) and fifth in minutes played (36.0).
- Farrah Benner is second on the team with 11.4 points per game. She is the team's three-point threat as she leads the Storm with 65 threes this season. For the G-MAC, Benner is third in three pointers made and fourth in three-point percentage (36.1%).
- Ashley West leads the team with 145 rebounds and 5.8 rebounds per game.
- Lake Erie averages 61.9 points per game while shooting 41.2% overall. They allow 70.8 points per game and opponents are shooting 41.5% from the floor.
|Free Throw %||71.1%||8th||65.6%||13th|
|Field Goal %||45.2%||2nd||41.2%||5th|
|Field Goal % Defense||37.7%||1st||41.5%||10th|
|3 Point %||33.3%||5th||32.2%||8th|
|3 Point Defense %||30.2%||2nd||34.2%||12th|
|3 Point FG Made||6.8||7th||5.5||11th|
AROUND THE LEAGUE
- Tiffin @ Alderson Broaddus
- Trevecca Nazarene @ Hillsdale
- Lake Erie @ Walsh
- Kentucky Wesleyan @ Findlay
- Ursuline @ Malone
- Cedarville @ Davis @ Elkins
The Cavaliers will host Senior Day on Saturday (March 2) against the Ursuline Arrows at 1:00 PM.